It’s December 1 and about +6 outside so it certainly doesn’t feel like a classic Canadian winter. “They” say this winter is supposed to be colder and snowier than last, but so far it’s hard to see that happening (knock on wood!). Anywhoozles, here’s a recap of my favorites from the past month.
- One Day at a Time & Baby, You Make Me Crazy – Sam Smith (the whole album is great!)
- 9th of october – Tove Lo
- Get Over Yourself – Kelsea Ballerini
- Lemon – N.E.R.D, Rihanna
- Homemade Dynamite – Lorde, Post Malone, Khalid, SZA
- Beautiful Trauma – Pink
- reputation – Taylor Swift, yep, the whole album. I didn’t want to like it but I’ve been listening to it non-stop so it would be wrong not to include it
- Havana – Camila Cabello
- Bones – Alexandra Savior
- Lady Dynamite Season 2 (it’s a kooooooky show, but different than anything else on TV and really enjoyable and easy to watch. If you’re into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt I think you’ll like this too)
- Marvel’s The Punisher (it’s violent as hell and super graphic but I am really enjoying it so far. I find it gets better the further in you get)
- I Love you America (Sarah Silverman’s new talk-show. I know she’s a love her or hate her type comic, but I love her and I find this show really refreshing and important)
- Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil $6.99 – this has been a favorite for a few years and it’s such a steal! It stays on really well and holds your brows in place perfectly.
- French Formula 3-in-1 Texturizing Dry Shampoo – another steal, also only around $7 and works like my bumble and bumble texturizing spray which is about 5 times the cost!
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – an oldie but a goodie, I always come back to this because it works like nothing else on my dry skin!
- feel pumpkin walnut facial cleanser – SUCH a good cleanser/exfoliator
Hunger – Roxane Gay (I’ll probably do a whole post about how powerful this book is later on, but for right now, all I can say is if you’re a woman with a body (aka 98% of you)
Lady Bird – such a heartwarming, funny, and relatable movie.
I had to get both. They’re essentially the exact same boot but one has a heel and the other doesn’t. They’re SO comfy and they’re a cruelty-free “suede” winter boot option.
That about covers it! What were your favorite things this month? Comment down below!
xo – C