If you're craving avocado toast and you want to switch things up a little, you've GOT to try avocado toast on garlic naan with goat cheese.
Every once in a while I make something I love so much that I'll eat it several days in a row. When I had leftover garlic naan bread from this curry recipe, I knew I wanted to make avocado toast with it. I also had leftover goat cheese, and the combination is unreal. Aaaand I ate it 3 days in a row. Woulda gone another 30 days if I didn't run out of the ingredients.
So, next time you have a hankering for some avocado toast (which, if you're like me, will probably be in the next few hours), I highly recommend this twist on the original.
Avocado Toast Ingredients
- 1 piece of garlic naan bread to toast
- a few oz. of goat cheese (the more the merrier, if you ask me!)
- one avocado
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- spicy mayo in some form
- Preheat oven to broil (or 500F)
- While it heats up, slice or mash one avocado
- Crumble as much goat cheese as you'd like
- Add the avocado and sprinkle it with crumbled goat cheese to the naan bread
- I spread the spicy sauce on the naan after I added the avocado, but you can do this in any order
- Pop it into the oven for about three to five minutes or until until the cheese looks like it's softening and the edges of the bread are getting toasty
- Add the sea salt and red pepper flakes and en-freaking-joy!
To add a little spice (in addition to the red pepper flakes I always add), I used some Nando's Perinaise (basically spicy mayo). You can forgo this or add your own spicy mayo combo and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
By the way, if you still have goat cheese leftover, give my baked goat cheese dip a try!
Hope you love it!
xo - C
Leave a Reply