These cucumber cream cheese sandwiches have the appetizer trifecta: easy, delicious, and they only require a few ingredients!I’ve made this appetizer more than any other in my life, and no matter where I bring it, there are never any left at the end of the day! People (me too!) eat this up like candy, and it’s not hard to see why!
The mix of fresh bread, refreshing cucumber, cream cheese, and fresh dill makes this an incredibly crowd-pleasing dish, and the best part is, it’s so easy to make!
This cucumber cream cheese appetizer only requires a few ingredients, and unless you want to toast the bread ahead of time, it doesn’t require any baking.
How to Make Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches Appetizer
- Start by cutting your baguette into slices that are no more than 1/2-inch thick.
- It’s not necessary (but also tastes great!) if you want to toast the bread ahead of time. Toast your baguette slices in an oven set to broil or 500 F for about five minutes, or until lightly golden.
- In a large bowl, mix your mayonnaise, cream cheese, and Italian dressing mix until well-combined.
- Make sure your baguette slices are cooled if you baked them, then spoon a bit of the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of baguette.
- Wash and slice a large English cucumber and place a slice on top of the cream cheese mixture on each baguette.
- Top with fresh or dried dill. Serve and prepare to be complimented!
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
If you want to make these cucumber cream cheese appetizers ahead of time, you can! Just make the spread and keep it in the fridge and don’t add it to the bread until shortly before you’re ready to serve it.
If you have spread leftover when you’re done, keep it in the fridge for up to three days. It makes for an awesome sandwich spread!
Eat up, my loves!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Appetizer Recipe
Cucumber Cream Cheese Toasts Appetizer
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 cucumbers, sliced (peeling is optional)
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 14 grams Italian dressing mix* Approx. half of a 28 g. packet of Italian dressing mix* (use more for stronger flavor)
- 3 tbsp dill fresh or dried
- Cut baguette into no more than 1/2-inch thick slices.If you want to toast the bread ahead of time (not necessary but delicious!), toast your baguette slices in an oven set to broil or 500 F for about five minutes, or until lightly golden.
- In a large bowl, mix your cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Italian season until everything is well-incorporated
- Spread about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mix onto each piece of baguette. If you bake the baguette first, let it cool before adding the cream cheese mix.
- Add a slice of cucumber to each piece, and finish with a generous sprinkling of dill on the bread/cucumber/cream cheese combo.
- Serve and enjoy!Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Hope you love them!
xo – C