These roasted goat cheese and honey carrots combine some of my all-time favorite foods! But, put goat cheese on just about anything and I’m down to eat it! Roasted goat cheese and honey carrots recipe make the PERFECT side dish for all sorts of meals, and they're so easy to make!
This article was originally posted on May 25, 2018 and has been updated.
I've made these roasted goat cheese and honey carrots for Easter dinner two years in a row, and for other family dinners. They're always eaten up quickly! Goat cheese is incredible on its own, but combined with honey, it brings out a whole new flavor profile that's to die for.
Speaking of goat cheese...the most popular recipe on my site of ALL TIME (with more than 1 million views on Pinterest too is my Baked Goat Cheese Dip! You can check it out here if you'd like.
How to Make Roasted Goat Cheese and Honey Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Now, start by washing and peeling about ten large carrots (if you're serving two people).
- Cut your carrots into evenly sized pieces. I either cut my carrots in half or in quarters depending on how big they are.
- In a large mixing bowl, you'll combine honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix these ingredients very well until they're all combined.
- Add the carrots to the mixing bowl and stir well so they're evenly coated.
- Lay a sheet of tinfoil on a sheet pan or in a baking dish and pour the coated carrots onto the tinfoil.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape any of the sauce remaining in the bowl onto the carrots.
- Space the carrots evenly on the pan or dish.
- When your oven is ready, place the carrots inside for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, crumble about five ounces of goat cheese (or more or less to your preference) on top of the carrots.
- Return the carrots to the oven and cook for at least five more minutes, or until they reach desired tenderness. Test with a fork.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Like most of the recipes I share, you can play around with ingredient amounts to customize the dish to your tastes! It's so easy to make this spicier if you want or cheesier or less cheesy....and on and on and on!
Roasted Goat Cheese and Honey Carrots
- 10 large carrots Washed, peeled, and cut into even pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsbp apple cider vinegar
- 5 oz crumbled goat cheese Use more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Use less or omit if you don't want any spice
- salt and pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Wash and peel your carrots. Cut into pieces of the same size so they cook evenly. I usually cut mine in half lengthwise, and then once widthwise if they're really long.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the goat cheese. Stir well.
- Add carrots to the bowl and coat evenly with the sauce mixture. Lay a sheet of tinfoil on a pan and pour the coated carrots onto the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the remaining sauce onto the carrots.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and crumble the goat cheese on top of the carrots.
- Return to the oven for five more minutes, OR until carrots reach desired tenderness. Test with a fork.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
That’s it! Hope you love them!
XO - C
PS. If you love the goat cheese and honey combo as much as I do, don't miss my savory goat cheese and honey bread pudding either!
I like the addition of apple cider vinegar!!