Super moist and satisfying but not overly sweet...I give you, The Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf!
There’s something about this time of year that makes me want to make this recipe, and I don’t hold back! I make this several times each winter/fall, and I’ve tweaked the recipe to get it, in my opinion, perfect.
It’s super moist and satisfying but not overly sweet, and it’s very easy to make. Like, a five-year old could do it (which I’d like to watch).
(PS. If I did a shot every time I typed “load” instead of “loaf” I’d be dead in an hour.)
You can serve your pumpkin loaf on its own or go ahead and slather some butter on a warm slice...mmm!!!
So, here's what you'll need to make these slices of fall delight for yourself.
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Two eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips
And some butter or cooking spray to grease your loaf pan really well!
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread
You're going to love how easy this is to make!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix all of your dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients and sugar.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then gently fold in one cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan, and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips on top.
Once your oven is ready, bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- It will look something like this:
So, without further adieu, here is the perfect pumpkin chocolate chip loaf!
Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree NOT pie filling
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 + ¼ cups chocolate chips divided
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl or in stand mixer, beat eggs, white and brown sugars, vegetable oil, and pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients until well-combined.
- Gently fold in one cup of chocolate chips.Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle the other ¼ cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (check at 55 minutes).
- Remove from oven, let cool for at least 15 minutes in pan. Wrap in tinfoil to keep the moisture in!Slice and serve...and enjoy!
Oh, and if you have pumpkin puree leftover, here are some other awesome pumpkin recipes to check out:
PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS WITH MINI DONUT TOPPING
THE TASTIEST PUMPKIN PIE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Hope you love it!
xo - C
Leave a Reply