Frozen waffles hanging out in the freezer? Air fryer on your counter? Then let’s make air fryer French toast with frozen waffles!Jump to Recipe
How did I ever live before air fryer French toast? Even more importantly, how will I ever live without it now?
The beauty of air fried French toast is how you can pop it in and go about your business while it cooks. I always manage to burn or undercook my French toast on the stove, and this solved that problem for me! Not to mention, using frozen waffles instead of bread is a delicious twist I just can’t get enough of.
Here’s everything you need!
- 3 frozen waffles (I use chocolate chip Eggos!)
- Milk (I use whole milk)
- Vanilla extract
- Waffle toppings of your preference: butter, syrup, powdered sugar, berries, etc.
The first thing you’ll want to do is toast your frozen waffles for about 30 seconds (do not fully cook them!). When they’re heated up and a bit softer, they absorb the French toast mixture a lot better.
Next, whisk the egg, vanilla extract, milk, and cinnamon in a wide, shallow dish. Place each waffle in the mixture and let sit for at least one minute.
Flip over and let it sit for another minute.
Preheat your oven to 375F. You can lightly brush your air fryer with an air-fryer-safe oil to prevent sticking. When it’s heated, place each of the waffles and cook for 10-12 minutes.
If you like your French toast soft, 10 minutes should be perfect, but for crispier edges, stick to twelve minutes.
Be sure to flip the waffles half way through.
Air fryer French toast with frozen waffles: tips and tricks
- Every air fryer is so different! It might take a few tries to get the cooking time and temperature for your own frozen waffle air fryer French toast. But I think my time and temperature will be a great place to start.
- Feel free to experiment with different toppings. I usually go with the classic butter/syrup combo, but berries, whipped cream, bananas, and powdered sugar are other good options!
Air Fryer French Toast with Frozen Waffles
- 3 frozen waffles I use chocolate chip Eggos
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk I use whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Toast your frozen waffles for about 30 seconds. Do not fully cook them. This heats them enough to help them absorb the French toast batter.Preheat your air fryer to 375F.
- In a wide, shallow dish, whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.Place the waffles flat in the dish. Let them sit for at least one minute.
- Flip the waffles and let them sit for another minute on the other side.
- Place the waffles flat in the air fryer when it's ready*. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached. Be sure to flip half way through!
This recipe is definitely something different for me (and even simpler than most of my recipes) but it’s one that’s made its way into my weekend brunch rotation. I hope you all love it as much as I do.
PS. Are we connected on Instagram yet? If not, find me here and tell me this post sent ya!
And before you go, here are three other recipes you might like: