It's here! A sibling for my original baked goat cheese dip that has served us all so well over the years 😉 This rendition is another baked goat cheese dip but it is topped with red pepper jelly (YUM) and it also has hot honey mixed in (along with a few other changes.) So, allow me to introduce you to your new favorite holiday dip recipe: baked goat cheese dip with pepper jelly.
Prefer video content? I have a TikTok showing this goat cheese recipe in action too!)
What's great about dip recipes like this one is how you can customize them and you can also serve them with whatever kind of crackers, veggies, bread, or other snacks you like. Honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you just eat it with a spoon though.
Where to Find Red Pepper Jelly in the Grocery Store
Red pepper jelly, it seems, is one of those things a lot of us have eaten but we haven't all bought. If you're planning to make this dip but you have no idea where to buy red pepper jelly, good news! It's in most grocery stores. At some of the grocery stores I go to, you'll find it in the deli section near the olives, cheese, crackers, and charcuterie accompaniments.
The other surefire spot to find it is by the mustard and other condiments! You can also order special ones online or head to a gourmet grocery store to find something really unique. But for this baked goat cheese, any red pepper jelly you find will work perfectly!
Also, I find it helps to microwave the red pepper jelly for about 20 seconds to make it easier to spread.
Baked Goat Cheese Dip Ingredients
Okay, we've covered red pepper jelly, but here's a list of everything you need:
- Goat cheese
- Cream cheese
- Shredded parmesan
- Hot honey
- Red pepper jelly
- Fresh thyme
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
(And of course, crackers, veggies, bread, etc. for dipping!)
Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Red Pepper Jelly
- 10 oz soft goat cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or more, depending on your desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tbsps hot honey add more to taste
- 3 tsps rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsps salt
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly* microwave for 20 seconds so it's easier to spread
- pinch red pepper flakes optional if you want extra spice
- Set out your cream cheese and goat cheese and let them come to room temperature (in my house, that's at least one hour). Otherwise, it'll be really tough to mix everything together.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the red pepper jelly. Stir well until all the seasonings are mixed in and well-combined.
- Spread the goat cheese dip mixture into your baking dish. Spread the red pepper jelly on top. Wipe the edges down with a paper towel so little bits don't get burned onto the dish.
- Once your oven is ready, bake the goat cheese appetizer for between 15-20 minutes. **
- Serve hot with veggies, bread, crackers, pretzels, or other dippers of your choice.
I really hope you love this as much as my first goat cheese dip! Please report back and let me know 🙂
PS. I also have a goat cheese grilled cheese that's really popular if you want even more goat cheese goodness in your life.