Every once in a while I make something I love so much that I'll eat it several days in a row. When I had leftover garlic naan bread from this curry recipe, I knew I wanted to make avocado toast with it. I also had leftover goat cheese, and the combination is unreal. Aaaand I ate it 3 days in a row. Woulda gone another 30 days if I didn't run out of the ingredients.
So, next time you have a hankering for some avo toast (which, if you're like me, will probably be in the next few hours), I highly recommend this twist on the original.
- 1 piece of garlic naan bread
- a few oz. of goat cheese (the more the merrier, if you ask me!)
- one avocado
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- spicy mayo in some form
- Preheat oven to broil (or 500F)
- While it heats up, slice or mash one avocado
- Crumble as much goat cheese as you'd like
- Add the avocado and sprinkle it with crumbled goat cheese to the naan bread
- I spread the spicy sauce on the naan after I added the avocado, but you can do this in any order
- Pop it into the oven for about three to five minutes or until until the cheese looks like it's softening and the edges of the bread are getting toasty
- Add the sea salt and red pepper flakes and en-freaking-joy!
To add a little spice (in addition to the red pepper flakes I always add), I used some Nando's Perinaise (basically spicy mayo). You can forgo this or add your own spicy mayo combo and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Hope you love it!
xo - C