One of the best ways (IMO) to pack a nutritional power punch into your morning (or anytime of day) is via smoothie. I use vegan protein powder & cashew milk, so the smoothie itself is vegan/vegetarian, but you can make any changes you'd like (you don't need me to tell you that though, do you?)
I always feel like I've done something really good for myself when I start my day with a bunch of good stuff my body needs, and what better way to begin your day than doing some for YOU? This smoothie has veggies, fruit, non-animal protein, omegas, antioxidants, & more. Here's what I put in mine if you want to try it, too!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, and a couple of strawberries in this one)
- 1 scoop Vega One Bodacious Berry protein powder (15 g of plant-based protein per scoop!)
- 2 tablespoon Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend
- 2 handfuls of rich, mixed greens
- 1/4 cup cashew milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
Oh, hello Delicious! See those little green flecks? Those are veggies that you won't even taste. Honestly, I usually prefer my veggies that way but I'm working on it.
If you want a little extra heart-healthy goodness and creaminess in the smoothie, pop some avocado in there. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, avocado is nature's butter!
Enjoy your evening, majestic friends!