One of the best ways (IMO) to pack a nutritional power punch into your morning (or anytime of day) is via smoothie. I use vegan protein powder & cashew milk, so the smoothie itself is vegan/vegetarian, but you can make any changes you'd like (you don't need me to tell you that though, do you?)
I always feel like I've done something really good for myself when I start my day with a bunch of good stuff my body needs, and what better way to begin your day than doing some for YOU? This smoothie has veggies, fruit, non-animal protein, omegas, antioxidants, & more. Here's what I put in mine if you want to try it, too!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, and a couple of strawberries in this one)
- 1 scoop Vega One Bodacious Berry protein powder (15 g of plant-based protein per scoop!)
- 2 tablespoon Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend
- 2 handfuls of rich, mixed greens
- ¼ cup cashew milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
Oh, hello Delicious! See those little green flecks? Those are veggies that you won't even taste. Honestly, I usually prefer my veggies that way but I'm working on it.
If you want a little extra heart-healthy goodness and creaminess in the smoothie, pop some avocado in there. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, avocado is nature's butter!
Enjoy your evening, majestic friends!
Leave a Reply