Nachos combine my two favorite food groups: chips and cheese. And in this recipe for loaded vegetarian beef nachos, we also add on some other goodies that make these an out-of-this-world option for your next nacho night! I use Gardein Beefless Ground, a selection of veggies, LOTS of cheese, and taco seasoning to create the perfect cheesy, salty meal you'll be dreaming of long after its gone!
It wouldn't be XO&So if I didn't make my vegetarian beef nachos extra cheesy. I played around with this recipe a lot. And at first I was 'only' using four cups of cheese. But honestly, it takes six to get that really cheesy restaurant-style nacho vibe we're going for. So don't be afraid to go HARD on the cheese in this recipe (or any recipe, if it's up to me).
Loaded Vegetarian Beef Nachos
Here's what you'll need:
- Shredded cheese (I use a mix of Tex-Mex and Monterey jack)
- Restaurant-style tortilla chips (they need to be the big ones that are strong enough to hold lots of toppings!)
- Taco seasoning
- Gardein Beefless Ground (or your favorite ground beef substitute)
- Toppings (I usually use red and green onion, avocado, and tomatoes. But you can use whatever you like on nachos, including olives and jalapenos!)
- Sour cream and salsa for dipping
- A squeeze of lime juice on top of the finished product (optional but yummy!)
What toppings do you put on vegetarian beef nachos?
The beauty of nachos is you can essentially use any toppings you like! They're a versatile option and virtually everyone makes them slightly differently. So go ahead and just use what you love. Also, side note: I add all of my toppings (with the exception of the vegetarian beef and cheese) AFTER they cook.
Here are some options:
- Green onion
- Red onion
- Black beans
- Shredded lettuce
- Grilled corn
Now, here's how to put it all together!
Loaded Vegetarian Beef Nachos
- 530 g restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 6 cups shredded cheese I use a mix of tex-mex and monterey jack
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups beefless ground round
- green onion
- red onion
- diced tomato
- lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil and add your frozen Beefless Ground Beef. Cook for a few minutes until it is soft.Add ⅓-1/2 cup of water and your taco seasoning. Keep cooking until the water is absorbed.
- On a large sheet pan, spread out half of your chips. Cover with half of the cheese and half of the beef. Bake for about five minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and add the rest of the chips on top. Then, add the rest of the cheese and the beef on top of the second layer of chips.Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. (Cooking times can vary depending on the size of pan you use)
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings. Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or any of your other favorite toppings.Enjoy!
Looking for other Gardein recipes?
I have TONS to choose from. Start here:
- SUMMER SALAD WITH GARDEIN CRISPY TENDERS
- VEGETARIAN CREAMY BEEF & SHELLS WITH GARDEIN BEEFLESS GROUND
- VEGETARIAN “BEEF” STROGANOFF WITH GARDEIN BEEFLESS GROUND
- BIG MAC GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Until next time!
By the way, I also have a new page on my site with a bunch of useful links. It also takes you to my social profiles, LTK, Amazon Storefront, etc. There's NO pressure to shop from any of these links. But if you're wondering about the products I use, etc., that's where they'll be. As always, I appreciate your support SO much!