This ultra creamy carrot and cauliflower soup is not only vegan, but it's sugar free and gluten free too! And of course, SO delicious. It's the kind of vegan comfort food you'll keep coming back to again and again!
It's not often I post totally "clean" recipes that are dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free. But here we are. So you KNOW it has to be good if I'm sharing it with you!Jump to Recipe
Vegan Carrot and Cauliflower Soup Recipe Origins
Years ago, I used to do these 40-day "clean" eating challenges. There were a few recipes I relied on to get me through. This vegan carrot and cauliflower soup recipe is one of them, along with my famous one-pot red lentil curry.
It's one of my oldest and most beloved recipes, and I really don't why it took me so long to share it. But all that matters is it's here now and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Here's what you'll need to bring this vegan cauliflower soup recipe to life in your kitchen:
- Coconut oil
- One head of cauliflower
- Onion (yellow or white)
- Vegetable broth (I use two cups but you can use more if you like your soup less thick)
- Lite coconut milk (you could use full-fat too)
- Salt and pepper
You're going to loveeee how easy it is to make vegan cauliflower soup almost as much as you love the soup itself!
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat, then toss in the onions, garlic, nutmeg, chopped carrots, and chopped cauliflower.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring the mixture to the boil. Once the soup is boiling, turn down the heat.
- Cover the pot and simmer until the cauliflower and carrots are tender. This takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your veggies (bigger veggies will take longer to cook).
- Blend with an immersion blender until the soup is smooth and big chunks are gone. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a blender jug in batches and blend until smooth then return to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add more vegetable broth until you get the consistency you desire. I use two cups of broth for a very thick soup (as you can see in the pictures).
- I top mine with green onions and red pepper flakes! It's also excellent with some fresh bread or crunchy crackers!
Other vegetarian and vegan soup recipes you might like
- VEGETARIAN BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP WITH CARROTS
- SMOKY TOMATO AND LENTIL SOUP (VEGAN)
- VEGETARIAN FRENCH ONION SOUP: EXTRA CHEESY & DELICIOUS
- CREAMY CARROT COCONUT TOMATO SOUP
My Go-To Vegan Cauliflower Soup Recipe – It's SO Creamy!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower stems removed, cut into florets
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- ⅛ scant teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion, minced garlic, nutmeg, chopped carrots, and cauliflower and cook for about five minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat. Cover the pot and simmer until the cauliflower and carrots are tender – about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of your veggies. Stir occasionally.
- Blend with an immersion blender until the soup is smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a blender jug in batches and blend until smooth then return to the pot.Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more vegetable broth until you get the consistency you desire. I use two cups of broth for a very thick soup.
Dig in and enjoy!
PS. Are we Instagram friends yet? You can see me embarrass myself over there all the time. If you're interested in that, find me here.