Pistachio cream puff pastry twists: Easy, DELICIOUS, and only require a few ingredients! There are the perfect thing to serve alongside morning coffee or offer up for a light dessert.
I came back from Italy with an unrelenting obsession with all-things-pistachio-cream. I started almost every day with a pistachio croissant, and would occasionally mix in another pistachio-related treat alongside it. There was no stopping me. Then, I realized you can literally buy jars of pistachio cream the way you buy jars of peanut butter or Nutella. I almost wish I didn't figure this out because now it's all I think about!
My Love Affair with Pistachio CreamJump to Recipe
ANYWAY, I returned home, headed to my local Italian grocery store, and stocked up! I knew I wanted to recreate some kind of pistachio dessert and I realized pistachio cream puff pastry twists were just the thing I had to make.
Pistachio Cream Puff Pastry Twists Ingredients
All it takes to make them is:
- Two sheets of puff pastry (thawed but still cold)
- Pistachio cream (a good quality one is the way to go!)
- Powdered sugar for dusting the top of the twists once they're cool (don't skip this)
- An egg to brush the puff pastry before baking it
Try my creamy pistachio sauce for pasta next if you can't get enough pistachio flavor in your life.
I recommend using between ¾ cup and 1 cup of pistachio cream for these. It's a very rich filling—heads up! But totally delicious. It can get a little bit messy if you overload them but you'll find the right balance as you begin spreading it on the puff pastry.
Keep an eye on the puff pastry twists while they back to ensure they don't brown too much. At the same time, make sure to cook them sufficiently so they aren't soft and soggy in the middle.
ALSO: They aren't the prettiest dessert before adding the powdered sugar. But don't be disheartened! They're gorgeous once they're dusted up and they taste so good that's all anyone will notice.
Now, here's how to make them.
Another must-try dessert recipe: THE BEST EASY CAKE RECIPE: CRATER CAKE
Pistachio Cream Puff Pastry Twists
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed but still cold to the touch
- 1 cup pistachio cream I recommend using between ¾ cup and 1 cup, depending on how thick you want the filling to be
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 egg mixed with one tbsp. water for the egg wash
- flour for dusting the work surface
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Gently unroll one sheet of the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly roll the pastry to seal together any folds and flatten it a bit more.
- Spread the pistachio cream onto the flattened puff pastry dough.Repeat the previous step with the second sheet of puff pastry dough, and lay it over the sheet with the pistachio cream on it.
- Cut the dough into approximately one-inch-wide strips. Form each strip into a twist and place on the baking sheet.
- Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes. Then, dust them generously with the powdered sugar.
I hope you love these as much as I do! I think they'll be a big hit at Christmas parties...hint hint!
Other Puff Pastry Recipes
- PUFF PASTRY CHEESE STRAWS WITH WHITE CHEDDAR & BLACK PEPPER
- BROCCOLI CHEDDAR VEGETARIAN PUFF PASTRY POT PIE
- VEGETARIAN POT PIE WITH MUSHROOMS, CARROTS, & PUFF PASTRY CRUST
- THE BEST (EASY) HOLIDAY APPETIZER EVER: BAKED BOURSIN
Even more recipes you might like
- Whipped Feta with Cranberries, Pistachios, & Honey
- Raspberry Pistachio Butter Bars
- Broccoli Cheddar Vegetarian Puff Pastry Pot Pie
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws with White Cheddar & Black Pepper
By the way, I have a new page on my site with a bunch of helpful links. It has links to my social profiles, LTK, Amazon Storefront, etc. There's NO pressure to shop from any of these links, but if you're curious about the products I use, etc., that's where you'll find them. As always, your support is SO appreciated!