Well, would you look at that! It’s time for another round of XO&Get to Know and this time I ask a group of girls in their 20s about the MUST HAVE qualities they need in a best friend.
If you have found yourself at this point in your life without a friend in the world, these answers may be pretty enlightening. A lot of the answers I received involved the same traits (like having a sense of humour, being loyal, and having an ass that doesn’t quit) so I generally just included each quality once. Dun, dun, dun…Here’s what I found out:
- The opposite of needy,
- Good at directions (cause I am the worst),
- Will always eat pizza (or any other junk food) with me.
- They don’t judge. I have a lot of best friends that are very different from me, each one of them accepts me for who I am.
- They are always there. At this age sometimes I go weeks without seeing my best friends, but I know our bond is unbreakable and they are always there for me and vise versa.
- Sense of humor. They don’t necessarily have to be the cast of SNL but they have to understand my humor or all bets are off.
- Loyalty.. some of these hoes ain’t loyal, as Chris Brown taught us, so you gotta dig through and find the loyal ones.
- A dirty mind.
- Good listener.
- Let’s me fart in front of them and thinks it’s hilarious.
- Extremely attractive
- The ability to be completely honest in the nicest way possible. (For example, when she says “is that outfit by choice or a uniform?” This is helpful in the most considerate way.)
- Kindness, truthfulness, loyalty. All my BFFs have these..except Chelsea..that lying son of a… HEY NOW!!!!!!
- A phat booty, or some other physically desirable characteristic.
- Being able to fart/poop in front of each other without judgement.
- She’s gotta be a 10.
- Same sense of humor: Laughing until you can’t breathe, poop talks, and a great Snapchat.
- Tolerance of weirdness and no inhibitions
- Trustworthy: They know not to share everything with their friends/boyfriend.
- Soft skin and an affinity for cuddles and tickle back. EDITOR’S NOTE: This friend once kissed my forehead about 45 times in a row because it felt “so soft…. like a baby.”
- Ability to put up with my annoying over analysis of everything that happens in life, regular nervous breakdowns/panic attacks and other general neuroses.
- No judgement: “Hey..guess what? I peed my pants last night in my car because I was locked out of the house and I was….sober.” #truestory
- Accepting of flatulence (no friend should make you get a tummy ache holding it in.)
In conclusion: Sense of humor was by far the most common quality listed. Be hot and be nice. Be trustworthy, loyal, and smart. But most importantly….you must either fart often, or at least be okay when others do it.
If you want to answer the XO&Get to Know questions so that your answers will be included from here on out email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a copy.
You girls are all just fantastic and I really appreciate your participation. xoxoxo