Product Name: Milk Makeup Watermelon Brightening Serum…
It’s December 1 and about +6 outside so it certainly doesn’t feel like a classic Canadian winter. “They” say this winter is supposed to be colder and snowier than last, but so far it’s hard to see that happening (knock on wood!). Anywhoozles, here’s a recap of my favorites from the past month.
- One Day at a Time & Baby, You Make Me Crazy – Sam Smith (the whole album is great!)
- 9th of october – Tove Lo
- Get Over Yourself – Kelsea Ballerini
- Lemon – N.E.R.D, Rihanna
- Homemade Dynamite – Lorde, Post Malone, Khalid, SZA
- Beautiful Trauma – Pink
- reputation – Taylor Swift, yep, the whole album. I didn’t want to like it but I’ve been listening to it non-stop so it would be wrong not to include it
- Havana – Camila Cabello
- Bones – Alexandra Savior
- Lady Dynamite Season 2 (it’s a kooooooky show, but different than anything else on TV and really enjoyable and easy to watch. If you’re into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt I think you’ll like this too)
- Marvel’s The Punisher (it’s violent as hell and super graphic but I am really enjoying it so far. I find it gets better the further in you get)
- I Love you America (Sarah Silverman’s new talk-show. I know she’s a love her or hate her type comic, but I love her and I find this show really refreshing and important)
- Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil $6.99 – this has been a favorite for a few years and it’s such a steal! It stays on really well and holds your brows in place perfectly.
- French Formula 3-in-1 Texturizing Dry Shampoo – another steal, also only around $7 and works like my bumble and bumble texturizing spray which is about 5 times the cost!
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – an oldie but a goodie, I always come back to this because it works like nothing else on my dry skin!
- feel pumpkin walnut facial cleanser – SUCH a good cleanser/exfoliator
Hunger – Roxane Gay (I’ll probably do a whole post about how powerful this book is later on, but for right now, all I can say is if you’re a woman with a body (aka 98% of you)
Lady Bird – such a heartwarming, funny, and relatable movie.
I had to get both. They’re essentially the exact same boot but one has a heel and the other doesn’t. They’re SO comfy and they’re a cruelty-free “suede” winter boot option.
That about covers it! What were your favorite things this month? Comment down below!
xo – C
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Ipsy Glam bags of the month…
I firmly believe summer is only 2/3 complete and September still counts as a month of summer. If you try to come at me with “summer ends at the end of August” I say “NOPE!!!! You’re wrong!” Especially if you’re done school and don’t have to think about going back, summer definitely doesn’t end when OTHER people have to go back to school. (PS. I’ve been out of university for three years now and around the end of August I still get that sinking feeling of “Shoooot, school starts again soon.” Does that ever go away? I also still dream at least 3x a week about flunking out of university the day before graduation!!!)
But I digress….
It’s been a long, hot, GOOD summer. I got to do so many things this summer that 9 0r 10 months ago I couldn’t imagine ever getting to do again (horseback riding, boating, girls trips, etc).
Here are some of my favourite things from one of my favourite summers:
If you’re a fan of Chris D’Elia’s standup, you should know each episode of his podcast is basically an hour of standup, except he’s sitting and you can’t see him. But seriously, it’s so funny. A really good, easy listen.
Take Me – Aly & AJ They’re back babyyyyy!!!!
Get Free – Lana Del Rey So catchy!
Kendrick Lamar – King Kunta
Makeup and Skincare:
Bad Feminist – Roxane Gay
I think there are a million more things I’ll think of as soon as I hit “publish” so I’m sure I’ll be back to update this soon!
xo – C
For the final installment of April faves, I give you: APRIL BEAUTY FAVES! The timing is perfect because the Sephora VIB Spring 2017 sale is only a few days away! If you’re a VIB Rouge member (you spend $1000+ a year at Sephora) you get first access to the sale, beginning on April 18. You get 15% off EVERYTHING, in-store or online, and the code that will work for you is ROUGESPRING. If you’re a VIB member, you can shop the sale starting April 19, and you also get 15% off everything with the code VIBSPRING. The member level available to everyone, Beauty Insider, gets access on April 20 and gives you 10% off everything with the code BISPRING.
Some of my picks for this month are a bit more on the pricey end because the sale helps me justify them 😉 A few of them are repeats because they’re THAT good and a sale is a good time to stock up on them! Here we go!
A gentle retinol formula perfect for people just starting to use it!
The lightest shade is the most incredible contouring color for fair skin. Benefit usually nails their cheek palates and Cheek Parade is no exception! Mixing this with my Makeup Forever HD foundation stick is my all-time fave foundation combo! Say what you will about Kim K, but her hair and makeup are flawless and she swears by this primer!
These drops had a big learning curve for me. At first I thought there was no way I could make them work, but with a little experimenting, I learned that mixing ONE drop with primer/moisturizer gives you a beautifulllll glow that lasts even under foundation. The preeeetttttiest eyeshadow you can use dry or with a wet brush for a more intense look. MY ALL TIME FAVE CONCEALER! So dewy and moisturizing and such great coverage! LOVE!
A few of these picks are affiliate links, which mean I may earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. These are, however, products I personally use and swear by!
I’ve used this line for years and you can’t beat the subtle scent!
I have super dry skin on my hands and when I saw this at Safeway and read the ingredients I thought it sounded like a really gentle hand soap option and I was right! Love this stuff!
I love spritzing myself with this because it isn’t flowery but still gives you a fresh scent.
This. Stuff. Rules. Smells amazing and makes your hair so soft. A really great option if you’re looking for a heat and UV protection spray!
You can use this on your hair, body, and face so it’s a great multi-use option for travel and it smells delicious, of course.
That should do it for this month! Share your faves down below so I can try them out pleaaaase and thank-you!
xo – C