As if the colors in this easy holiday appetizer weren't enough, whipped feta with cranberries, pistachios, and honey tastes like utter perfection! Grab your food processor and let's serve up something delicious.
I was committed to keeping this recipe really easy, which is why I went ahead and used canned cranberry sauce! I use the whole berry stuff, because I love the texture of the berries on top of the dip.
The pinks and reds and greens make this appetizer look festive, but it could really be served any time of year. I like to spread mine on a plate to jazz it up a little, but it works just as well in bowl.
Feta is an incredibly versatile cheese. It's salty, so it pairs really well with sweet OR savory foods. When it comes to what tastes good with feta cheese, you'll find you have so many options...including this unique combination!Jump to Recipe
Want to make this whipped feta with cranberries, pistachios, and honey for yourself? Here's what you'll need.
- Room temperature feta, crumbled
- Room temperature cream cheese, cubed
- Canned or homemade whole berry cranberry sauce (I use this one)
- Crushed unsalted pistachios
- Ground black pepper
You'll also want to get out your food processor to whip the feta up in no time! This is the mini food processor I use. You could also use it to chop up your pistachios if you want. But I find a kitchen mallet or any other hard object works just fine.
You're going to loooove how easy it is to make whipped feta if this is your first time trying it!
First, it's VERY IMPORTANT to set your feta cheese and cream cheese out at least an hour in advance to let them come to room temperature, or else your whipped feta won't come together.
- Once they're at room temperature, you'll add the crumbled feta and cubed cream cheese to the base of your food processor.
- Then, add ¼ cup of whole berry cranberry sauce to the food processor too. Pulse or blend for at least a minute, or until all ingredients are incorporated and look creamy.
- Spread the cheese and cranberry mixture on a plate or put it in a bowl.
- Top the dip with another ¼ cup of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle on the crushed pistachios, drizzle the honey on, and add several grinds of black pepper.
Feel free to get creative with how you plate (or bowl) your whipped feta. I add the extra cranberry sauce on the middle of the dip, so when you dip into the middle and pull outwards, you get a little bit of everything.
You'll serve it right away at room temperature. Or, if you make it ahead of time, you'll refrigerate it until about an hour before you serve it. Keep in mind, if you make it ahead and refrigerate it, it might get some condensation on it. But it will still taste great.
What to serve with whipped feta
My personal favorite way to eat whipped feta is with crispy baguette crackers or toasted baguette. You can also dip any crackers, bread, pretzels, or your other favorite snacks.
Whipped Feta with Cranberries, Pistachio, & Honey
- Food processor
- 8 oz feta, crumbled at room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed at room temperature
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce divided in half, canned or homemade
- 2 tablespoon shelled pistachios, crushed I use unsalted
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- black pepper
- Set your feta cheese and cream cheese out at least an hour in advance to let them come to room temperature, or else your whipped feta won't come together.Once they're at room temperature, add the crumbled feta and cubed cream cheese to the base of your food processor. Add ¼ cup of whole berry cranberry sauce. Pulse or blend for at least a minute, or until all ingredients are incorporated and look slightly creamy.
- Spread the cheese and cranberry mixture on a plate or put it in a bowl.Top with another ¼ cup of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle on the crushed pistachios, drizzle the honey on, and add several grinds of black pepper. Serve with bread, crackers, or your other favorite dippers.
If you love whipped feta as much as I do, you won't want to miss my whipped feta grilled cheese with blistered tomatoes either! Oh–and if you have leftover pistachios, you MUST try these raspberry pistachio butter bars. They're another holiday favorite!
For other holiday appetizer ideas, start here:
- ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS GARLIC CHEESE BREAD
- MINI GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES WITH WHITE CHEDDAR & PESTO
- SMOKY & SPICY BAKED CREAM CHEESE DIP
- EASY COLD VEGGIE PIZZA APPETIZER
Happy holidays, my sweet friends! Sending lots of love out to you all.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you, but it means I may earn a small commission if you purchase something from one of my links. I appreciate your support so much!