Cheesy Bean & Lentil Vegetarian Casserole
Craving healthy vegetarian comfort food? This easy cheesy bean & lentil vegetarian casserole is packed with plant protein & so much delicious flavor.
- splash olive or avocado oil for sauteeing
- 1.5 cups yellow or white onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 19 oz can green lentils do not substitute dry lentils for canned, the recipe won't work the same!
- 1 19 oz can black or kidney beans
- 1 28 oz can plain diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt *
- 2 cups cheese of your choice (I use sharp or tex-mex) shredded
Sample and adjust salt and other seasonings to your taste. This isn't very spicy so feel free to add more cayenne if you want more of a kick.
Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to five days. If you're going to freeze some, reserve it without the cheese and then add cheese when you're ready to serve it.