Creamy Tomato Sauce: Lightened Up Version
Don't let the name fool you: Even though I may have called it a "lightened up version," this creamy tomato sauce for pasta DEFINITELY falls under the category of vegetarian comfort food! It's bound to be your new favorite.
- 4 servings your favorite pasta I usually use 350 grams of rigatoni or fusilli
- 2 cups marina sauce Choose your favorite
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 oz Parmesan added on top of each pasta dish at the end
Cook your noodles according to package directions in salted water.
Add the cottage cheese, milk, marinara sauce, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning to the food processor. Blend until you get the perfect creamy consistency you desire. You can add a touch of olive oil if you want, but it's not necessary.
Once your pasta is cooked and drained, add the creamy tomato sauce to the noodles, and mix well. Allow the heat of the noodles to heat the sauce.
Add one ounce of Parmesan on each of the four bowls of pasta, along with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- If you make the sauce ahead of time (it keeps in the fridge for about a week), reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop before adding it to the pasta.