Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
This pumpkin pie protein smoothie recipe is packed with iron and tastes like the most delicious dessert ever, but it's full of healthy ingredients and just a touch of maple syrup for sweetening! Don't let fall end before you give this pumpkin smoothie a try!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- ⅓ cup almond milk unsweetened, or milk of your choice
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 scoop protein powder vegan (I use Vega protein in vanilla)
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes
- a pinch cinnamon added on top before serving
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
Add all ingredients (except the pinch of cinnamon) to a blender. Blend until you get a pure, smooth consistency. Pour into a glass, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy!
- I've used almond milk and cow's milk for this recipe and both of them taste great!
- I love adding a tablespoon of ground flax to this protein smoothie for an extra dose of omega-3 fatty acids and it doesn't change the taste much at all — just adds a slightly nutty flavor.
- I use a cookie dough protein powder or a vanilla protein powder
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 28gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 166mgPotassium: 810mgFiber: 7gSugar: 33gVitamin A: 19220IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 252mgIron: 4mg