Vegetarian Summer Salad with Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
Ready in under 20 minutes, this vegetarian summer salad includes Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, balsamic vinaigrette, goat cheese, strawberries, and other tasty additions. To veganize this salad recipe, simply exlcude the goat cheese or use a vegan variety!
- 7 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbled
- 10 large strawberries sliced
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds (AKA pepitas)
- 1 avocado sliced or diced
- ¼ cup red onion*, diced
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup can also use honey if not vegan
- ½ tsp black pepper finely ground
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Summer Salad
Cook the Crispy Tenders according to package directions, or in an air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes.Let sit for a minute. Cut into strips or pieces. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl and add the Crispy Tenders on top.Top with balsamic vinaigrette (I use about 2.5 tbsp on each salad).Serve with more black pepper and enjoy!
*I recommend deflaming the red onions so they're not quite as potent. Notes for how to do this included in post.
The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to a week.